Dr. Zahir Momin joined Quantum Radiology in August 2012. He is fellowship trained in pediatric imaging and offers expert medical care for pediatric patients. Dr. Momin completed his residency at Emory University and his pediatric fellowship at Detroit Medical Center.
At Quantum Radiology, we understand that pediatrics is not adult medicine for small people. Children’s diseases, diagnostic processes, management issues, and treatments are vastly different from those of adults. The same is true for medical imagine. Medical imaging is not just adult imaging with small equipment.
Our pediatric radiologist is available to supervise and interpret advanced pediatric imaging exams at WellStar. Pediatric MRI, CT, and X-ray exams can be performed at any WellStar imaging facility. However, it is preferred that the advanced pediatric imaging procedures are performed at the WellStar Kennestone Imaging Center at the 210 Building (hyperlink to the locations page) in Marietta.
Quantum Radiology is committed to serving the pediatric needs of the community. In partnership with WellStar hospital, we will provide pediatric imaging services at a pediatric-centered imaging center that will be completed in 2014.
Pediatric Imaging Services:
- Advanced Pediatric imaging procedures
- Neonatal imaging
- Upper GI
- Small bowel follow through
- Barium Enema
- Teenage arthrograms
- Collaboration with pediatricians and pediatric specialists to provide optimal patient care
- Commitment to the community to provide quality pediatric imaging services
- Pediatric imaging center to be completed in 2014
- High field open MRI equipment for pediatric comfort
- Facility designed with children in mind