Neuroradiology is the subspecialty of radiology focusing on the diagnosis and characterization of abnormalities of the central and peripheral nervous system, spine, and head and neck. Primary imaging modalities include computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Angiography has been traditionally used for diagnosis of vascular abnormalities or diagnosis and characterization of masses or other lesions, but is being replaced in many cases by CT or MRI angiography and imaging.
Our sub-specialized physician team is fellowship trained and board certified in neuroradiology. To evaluate and diagnosis neurologic disease in both adults and children, Quantum Radiology Neuroradiologists utilize a range of advanced imaging modalities, including CT, MR, myelography, angiography, and ultrasound.
Quantum Radiology Neuroradiologists provide dedicated imaging coverage for the WellStar Hospital campuses Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM -9:00 PM and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. A Quantum Neuroradiologist is on site for image guided procedures such as LPs and CT Myelograms.
Neuroradiology Imaging Services
- Advanced imaging procedures
- Advanced CTA imaging
- CT Angiography
- MRA – MR Angiography
- CT Myelograms
- Advanced Imaging Equipment
- 3T MRI for advanced imaging procedures
- High Field Open MRIs at three outpatient imaging facilities
- 256 Slice CT scanner
- Medica Stand Up MRI – the only upright MRI in Georgia
- Servicing the WellStar Kennestone campus stroke and trauma center
- Collaboration with neurology, neurosurgery, and pathology physicians