Mobile Mammography Screening
QR Corporate Mobile Screening Mammogram Program
Corporate wellness programs encourage a healthy lifestyle among employees and increases employee healthcare compliance by offering onsite care in a convenient, comfortable and private environment. Quantum Radiology is proud to partner with Atlanta metro area employers to provide onsite mobile screening mammogram services. In partnership with employers, we are able to facilitate early detection of disease, reduce healthcare costs, and improve employee compliance and satisfaction.
Why Are Mammograms Important?
Women should receive annual mammograms starting at age 40 – even if they have no symptoms or family history of breast cancer. Annual mammograms can detect cancer early. Mammograms can show changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them. With early detection, mammograms can also prevent the need for extensive treatment for advanced cancers and improve chances of breast conservation.
- Women 40 and older. A physician referral is not required. However, a primary physician’s name must be provided for reporting purposes.
- Women under 40 whose (mother or sister had breast cancer before age 50) are eligible 10 years earlier than their mother or sister was diagnosed. A physician referral is required.
- One year since previous mammogram.
- Cannot be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- No new breast lumps/concerns. Patient should promptly contact their physician for evaluation if experiencing breast problems.
How Should I Prepare for My Exam?
- Bring your photo id and insurance card (if applicable) to your appointment.
- If prior mammogram(s) were performed at a facility other than WellStar Health System, please provide the name and address of the facility where they were performed.
- Provide any pertinent history (i.e. prior surgeries, hormone use, family or personal history of breast cancer).
- Do not wear talcum powder, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts on the day of your appointment. Deodorant may be worn. We will provide individual wipes so that you can remove it before the exam and deodorant will be available to you after your exam.
- Wear two-piece clothing so that you only have to remove your top and bra for the examination.
For more information regarding Mobile Mammography, please Contact Us
Phone: 678.626.0342 Fax: 800.311.6482